Saturday 9 April 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog.  I guess its a blog, essentially, about ethics, life, the world, and ourselves.

This blog centres around my passion for animals, the environment, people, health, social functioning and other important issues.  I'm not trying to say what's right and what's wrong, but trying to encourage greater consideration of issues that we tend to take for granted.  I think generally as people we think "x is the norm, so lets keep doing x".   We can think about things differently, we can do things differently - or we can at least just talk about them.

I know that I am not the only person that thinks about stuff from a different perspective, or who reads deeper in to things than what the newspapers and celebrities have to say.  It may make me unpopular, it may make me a mockery, but everything needs a balance....and thats where The Wider Context comes in.

I guess I start from this standpoint - I am a vegan, who cares about animal welfare (particularly pet rabbit welfare), who cares about the planet, and who cares about other people.  I'm reluctant to use the word political - as politics divides and alienates people so easily, like its not about you and me - but I guess there is a political edge to some of what's important to me.

So anyway the blog will just run and we'll see how it goes.  I'll likely end up editing this welcome page as it becomes more obvious throughout its development what really makes me tick.

Thanks for reading, and catch you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment